Image by Rizu14
If you’ve been doing your fair share of indulging or are simply feeling run down by the vigour of daily life, you may be in search of a wellness retreat to detox your body and rejuvenate your spirit. There is no better place to achieve this than the famed detox resorts of Asia. Here are the top ten Asian detox resorts where you can leave the world behind and rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul.
1. Bio Miracle Resurge, Thailand – This chic private clinic is two hours’ drive from Bangkok and it is located at Cha Am. It is an ultra-luxurious detox resort in Thailand. There are many flights to Bangkok from London airports every day, once you land at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport you can either take a train, taxi, bus or plane. Plane might be bit expensive but it will save you a lot of time. Bio Miracle Spa has its own 10 km long private beach and its 21-day programme is based on specialised rejuvenation formulas meant to completely purge your body. With a bevy of amenities, Bio Miracle definitely tops the list.
2. Ananda in the Himalayas, India – Nestled amongst 40 forested hectares in the birthplace of meditation, yoga, and Ayurveda, Ananda is the perfect place to escape your vices and rejuvenate your health and happiness. Upon arrival, a personalised activity and therapy programme will be specifically designed to exceed the needs of your body and mind.
3. Como Shambhala Estate, Indonesia – Deep in the mystical jungles of Bali lies the Como Shambhala Estate. Complete with hydrotherapy pools, yoga pavilions, an indoor gym, Pilates studio, health facilities and much more, you can address all of your diet, fitness, and wellness needs at this luxurious holistic spa retreat.
4. The Farm, Philippines – The famed cleansing programmes at The Farm attract Asia’s elite year after year. The Farm focuses on achieving balance through medically guided psycho-emotional and physical detoxification that can take care of all of your cleansing needs.
5. Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, Vietnam – The Six Senses Spa combines expert holistic healing therapies with massive amounts of pampering for an ultimate detox holiday. Located in an enchanted environment with five spa villas that contain every imaginable amenity, Six Senses is quietly becoming one of the best detox resorts in all of Asia.
6. Mesa Stila, Indonesia – Once a Javanese coffee plantation, Mesa Stila may offer terrific coffee, but the resort also provides a full range of fitness, relaxation, and detox plans meant to satisfy any traveller. The Dutch colonial style villas full of Javanese antiques are quite charming as well.
Kamalaya private beach
7. Kamalaya, Thailand – Unlike other resorts that only specialise in a few healing remedies, Kamalaya provides holistic therapies and medicine from multiple healing traditions. Here, you can indulge in a lymphatic drainage massage, a far infrared sauna, and a Taoist abdominal massage after receiving an advanced bioelectrical impedance analysis or a colon hydrotherapy treatment. You can finish the day off with a selection from the detox menu full of delicious offerings.
8. The Banjran Hotsprings Retreat, Malaysia- This eco-friendly retreat located in the Tambun mountain range features a unique geothermal dripping pool and a meditation centre in a 280 million year old limestone cave. The retreat also features a complete menu of spa treatments that utilise Indian, Malay, and Chinese techniques.
9. Samahita Retreat, Thailand – Meaning “balanced” in Sanskrit, the Samahita Retreat strives to help guests find balance in all aspects of their daily lives. Founded by Paul Dallaghan, an American yoga expert, the retreat has a salt water swimming pool, an herbal steam room, and other relaxing amenities for guests to enjoy after partaking in specialised detox and yoga programmes.
10. Ayana Resort and Spa, Indonesia – The Thermes Marins Bali Spa located within the confines of this luxury resort provides guests with cold plunge pools, a yoga studio, aerobics studio, seven hydrotherapy rooms, 24 hour treatment rooms, and an aqua tonic saltwater therapy pool.
A trip to Asia is a mystical experience that can do wonders for the mind and body. These luxurious and highly-effective Asian detox resorts rank among the best in the world. So, if you’re in need of a little rejuvenation, a stay at one of these resorts may be just what you need.